StripBit is the biggest innovation to hit the re-upholstering trade since the air compressor!
StripBit is an amazing innovation that has taken the re-upholstering trade by storm. It is easy to use and will cut your stripping time down to a fraction of what it was. It quickly removes anything covering your frame, often taking the tacks and staples right out - leaving a bare frame, in one single motion. It actually makes the most tedious part of the re-upholstery job into the easiest and most enjoyable part!
Save time, money and your hands, for less than the price of a pair of scissors, order StripBit today!
How to use StripBit
Place strip bit on any standard drill or cordless drill.
- Place furniture to be stripped on a stable surface, it may be best to place large furniture on the ground.
- Identify where the fabric is attached the the frame with a row of staples. Using a sharp untility knife make a cut around 2" on either side of the row of staples, these cuts should span the full length of the row of staples
- Lift a 3" section of the fabric off of the frame using hand tools. Insert this flap into the stripbit slit and slowly start the drill so that the fabric begins to wind around the tool.
- Once you feel that the fabric is tightly wound around stripbit you can increase the speed of rotation.
- Repeat as many times as needed to remove the stapled fabric off of the frame.
- When stripping multiple layers (such as piping, lining, cardboard, lining etc) you do not need to try and jam all the layers into the slit. You can strip all the layers by just inserting the layer that is directly on the frame.
- When doing pull-over seating, the seat should spin like a record, make sure to point the tip of the StripBit at the center of the seat - this will make stripping easier.
- If you are stripping a flimsy fabric with StripBit it may break, so it may be necessary to make a few attempts at stripping it using StripBit. Don't worry, you are still saving loads of time!
- Remember, this is a brand new tool, do not be discouraged if it doesn't perform to your expectations immediately ... keep trying and you'll get the hang of it. Soon you will not want to work without it!
Warning: Failure to heed all warnings and instructions could result in serious bodily injury. Bits can break or bind causing loss of balance or control. Always place item being stripped on firm surface and maintain firm footing and control of the tool. Always wear ANSI approved eye protection (goggles, face shield) and wrist support. Make sure that hands and fingers are away from fabric and tool before starting drill. Discard immediately if any chipping or cracking of this tool has occurred.